Monday, April 18, 2016

Day One: Time to Travel

 

Well, the first day for our trip was a lot of interesting firsts for me.  For one, I've never been part of a group that got special screening at an airport due to our bags giving off an alert, but that happened before we could get out of the gate (pun intended).  It was not big deal but the good news we didn't have to give up any trip candy or oatmeal cookies.  Onward to Washington DC and then Paris.  I know for the other team members it was expected, but WOW that's a big plane!  New first for me, riding a plane big enough to need more than one aisle.  Paris had its own mini adventure when a piece of luggage was misplaced.  Good news it was recovered and it was off to catch our next flight to Beirut.  As our brisk walk brought us to the gate our flight crew had already begun boarding.  The flight to Beirut was fairly quiet just normal crying and talking you would except.  Don't believe me check out this pic I snapped of the team...
(For the record that empty looking seat in the upper right corner is Jon sleeping bent over.)


Everyone taking the opportunity to catch some rest.  Why was I still awake?  I'm not sure.  Maybe just my nerves, or maybe that someone my size gets bumped a lot by people walking up the aisle.  Who knows.  But what is important is that God was there through all our littles bumps and detours.  We made it!


We are all in good spirits even as we make our way into 24 plus hours with only a few cat naps to get us by.  Our good, good Father, answered prayers again.  Thanks everyone for helping us get here.

1 comment:

  1. ♡♡♡♡ loved the pics & update! We are praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete